[X3D-Public] Geospatial component

Rex Melton rex.melton at comcast.net
Thu Jun 18 16:08:21 PDT 2009

An upgrade to the geospatial component has been proposed:

http://www.web3d.org/x3d-earth/docs/SEDRIS-X3D/EnhancedGeospatialComponent_2008_06_23/

But TMK, an implementation does not exist.

Would you comment on what your requirements are, and how the current
spec is insufficient? The X3DEarth Working Group is evaluating
functionality to enhance full globe performance issues. Multi world, and
beyond, is of interest too.

-Rex