[X3D-Public] Web3D.org Front Page

GLG info at 3dnetproductions.com
Sun Jun 21 02:29:57 PDT 2009

I am saying if you need to use classid in <object> to load a
particular plugin in IE, then you must use <embed> as well
for firefox to be able to load that plugin (or another one
to handle the mime type). In other words, using classid in
<object> will cause it to malfunction in firefox. <object>
will work in firefox without classid, but using it breaks
it. So if the <object> tag is broken then you'll need
<embed> to fall back on. At least that is my experience.

Lauren