[X3D-Public] Web3D.org Front Page

Braden McDaniel braden at endoframe.com
Tue Jun 23 01:31:06 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 04:05 -0400, GLG wrote:

> Yes Joe, I realized the 'type' element in <object> was not
> likely the same thimg as in <embed>. But it was worth a try
> to see what happens. As it turns out, nested <object> tags
> do not work in Firefox.
>
> With the correct 'type=application/x-oleobject' all I get is
> a blank page/frame.

That's not correct.  The "type" attribute of "object" refers to the type
of the resource referred to by the "data" attribute.

> When attempting to use the <embed>
> 'type="application/x-cc3d"' Firefox complains that a plugin
> needs to be installed.

What Firefox version?

Does "about:plugins" show a plug-in for that type?

You should also make sure your server is sending the correct
Content-Type.  I think with recent Firefox versions, the Content-Type
sent by the server will supersede the "type" attribute.  This is the
correct behavior.

--
Braden McDaniel <braden at endoframe.com>