[X3D-Public] Web3D.org Front Page

Braden McDaniel braden at endoframe.com
Wed Jun 24 03:31:43 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 05:49 -0400, GLG wrote:
> Answering my own question, I see about Firefox 3.5 for
> Developers. Thanks for letting me know that is what you are
> using, now I understand why <object> works for you. But in
> my opinion, it isn't acceptable to ask casual users to get
> into alpha or beta software, so they can use a world via
> <object> tags in Ff while <embed> is much more likely to
> work with their installed and stable version (as most people
> will simply click Help, Check for Updates).

I have used "object" successfully in Firefox for years, and in
Mozilla/Seamonkey before it.  It has been usable for a long time.  I do
not have a good handle on why it isn't working for you in your
particular set of circumstances.  But your general suggestion that it
hasn't worked until version 3.5 is quite inaccurate.

--
Braden McDaniel <braden at endoframe.com>