[X3D-Public] Video Codec

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 7 20:41:57 PDT 2009

--- On Fri, 8/5/09, Len Bullard <cbullard at hiwaay.net> wrote:

>So far, as a heavy audio node user, the current situation with >the X3D browsers for audio meets my needs.

>Vendors license what works.  A minimum set is a nice to have.
> So far,
> whatever the licensing costs are, the vendors are paying
> them.

that not true, IT IS THE END-USER responsibility to find out if they have a license

"Microsoft had to pay $1.5 billion after being sued for using MP3 without a license." - http://www.fsf.org/resources/formats/playogg
"These patent lawsuits might never affect you directly, but they create a culture where creative and skilled individuals cannot develop multimedia software without fear of being legally attacked." - http://www.fsf.org/resources/formats/playogg
<snip>

      Yahoo!7 recommends that you update your browser to the new Internet Explorer 8.Get it now.