[X3D-Public] PhD Project: ImMApp : sound art archive: Video Documentation : request for feedback

Niclas Olofsson nicke.olofsson at gmail.com
Sat May 16 11:59:18 PDT 2009

Perhaps you should take a look at some of the work produced by uma
(http://www.uma.at). They won an award back in ~1998 for a similar
application called "schafft:wissen". And I assume they still have the
Melvin platform which would work with ontologies and stuff similar to
what you do (I'm guessing a little bit). Uma has some very bright
people, and really know everything about how to make the most out of a
3d context for browsing complex and relatively unstructured information.
Maybe some of them are still listening on these mail-list if you are
lucky. Maybe they would be interested in your work.

Some feedback. Since I used to work for uma 10 years ago, what you
present is really nothing new to me. But it looks good, feels good, and
is for sure worth exploring.

Cheers,
/Niclas