[X3D-Public] new X3D-Edit release features degrees-to-radians conversion

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.navy.mil
Fri May 29 13:57:03 PDT 2009

Here is a feature that we've wanted for a long time.  Haven't implemented it
earlier because buttons always seemed pretty clumsy.  Answer:  provide the
functionality without buttons... 8)

	https://savage.nps.edu/X3D-Edit/X3D-Edit.html
	https://savage.nps.edu/X3D-Edit/X3D-Edit.html#NewFeatures

> * Easier entry of radian angles using degree values: any values with
> magnitude greater than 2 pi radians prompt author to confirm whether
> degree-to-radian conversion is desired. Tooltips showing both degrees
> and radians are also given when the mouse is over an angle field.
> Normalization of SFRotation axis vectors is also provided to ensure
> that the x-y-z axis vector has magnitude equal to 1.
>
> Hint: angle values within -6..+6 degrees can be entered as 354..366 degrees.

image illustrations:
https://savage.nps.edu/X3D-Edit/images/X3D-EditConversionDegreesToRadians.png
https://savage.nps.edu/X3D-Edit/images/X3D-EditTooltipRadiansDegrees.png

X3D-Edit is free open source, all feedback welcome.  Hope you like it!

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br           brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  work +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots, XMSF  http://web.nps.navy.mil/~brutzman