[X3D-Public] SPAM: O3D presentation at Metaverse U Streaming

Len Bullard cbullard at hiwaay.net
Fri May 29 20:09:03 PDT 2009

Maybe not.   It is a competition with the current capabilities of the
plugins for expressive content.  Consider that by smart culling of the
current X3D node space, Vivaty can express a scene at island size.
BitManagement can do that and support current content stock at both fidelity
and speed.

For engines, it's about richness of smaller locales over reach of larger
ones.   That's a false dichotomy in multi-engine systems united by common
content application languages.  That's why X3D is the right thing for Google
to get behind.   It solves a lot of distribution and learning curve problems
fast, neat, and with no increase in IP overhead.  Probably settles some
debates at the O3D shop too.  I find when managing a small team, settling
some of that by fiat is an accelerant.  When the bean counters look at
project, having a community of people out here willing to cheer for you
helps too.

len