[X3D-Public] Live from Betaware: experiences with Vivaty on Mac running VMWare Fusion and Windows 7

John Carlson john.carlson3 at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 31 09:20:55 PDT 2009

So, I installed the latest VMWare Fusion trial, enabled VMWare tools,
and installed Windows 7 from an ISO.  Then I installed Vivaty.  The
Vivaty install was painless, and I got into several chat rooms.  The
rooms came up fine in Facebook--a bit slowly, but I didn't get much
chance to chat or move around the scene because I would get a prompt
that asked me if I wanted to recover the page (or scene, I can't
remember which).  The Vivaty Plugin didn't work with the latest AIM
beta (7.0.3.17)

This is much farther than I got with VirtualBox, since virtual box
didn't have 3D acceleration when I tried it.