[X3D-Public] HTML5 meeting minutes, October 1 2009

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 13 10:48:25 PDT 2009

Hi Don, Johannes, John Stewart,  and All,

Looking at the html5+x3D wiki pages again today after our call,

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/wiki/index.php/X3D_and_HTML5
overview and
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/wiki/index.php/X3D_and_HTML5_Summary
summary, and
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/wiki/index.php/X3D_and_HTML5_examples
examples, and also at
http://www.w3.org/2009/06/xhtml-faq

"W3C plans to organize a panel at TPAC 2009 on the topic of
decentralized extensibility in HTML and will continue to try to bring
the community together to find a solution."

I think this is the most important item of discussion for Web3D.org at
this poiint. Anyone that wants to see X3D XML as 'native' 3D
declarative syntax in an html document will be interested in this
developing concept.

A question right now is where that group that was discussing
decentralized extensibility has gone?
There was great discussion touching bunches of potential, then it
disappeard from the html5 public list.
The interest group is planning a meeting at TPAC 2009 but I have not
seen the detailed schedule. Needless to say, I could use some ideas
from X3D authors and implementors about this concept in html, not to
mention X3D. .  .

Thanks Again and Best Regards,
Joe

ps: Maybe think of this as a potential
augmentation(?)/simplification(?) of XML namespaces with the intent to
make it more simple for authors using text/html. My sense is that we
can certainly show that X3D XML namespace markup works in XHTML served
as application/xhtml+xml but next how to achieve that in content
served as text/html?