[X3D-Public] got X3D shader examples?

John A. Stewart alex.stewart at crc.ca
Wed Oct 14 06:03:35 PDT 2009

Don;

On 13-Oct-09, at 2:58 PM, Don Brutzman wrote:

> We would like to start a section in the X3D Basic Examples Archive
> that showcases use of shaders with X3D.

I put one on the Plugfest page for last June:

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/wiki/index.php/X3D_Plugfest

I keep writing examples as time permits as a means and method of
testing the GLSL shader implementation code in the FreeWRL/FreeX3D
code base. I can send these along if you wish.

(My testing currently focuses on routing events to/from shaders; I'm
making up a table of GLSL <---> X3D data type conversions)

BTW - the above example, and others, work with FreeWRL on Windows,
Linux and OSX, assuming GLSL is supported by the OpenGL implementation.

John A. Stewart
Team Leader: Networked Virtual Reality
alex.stewart at crc.ca

Network Systems and Technologies -
         Systemes et technologies des reseaux
Communications Research Centre Canada  |
          Centre de recherches sur les communications Canada

3701 Carling Ave.  |  3701, avenue Carling
PO Box 11490, Station H  |  CP 11490, succursale H
          Ottawa ON K2H 8S2   |  Ottawa (Ontario) K2H 8S2

http://www.crc.ca