[X3D-Public] Network distributed sceens.

chris dragonmagi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 21:49:53 PDT 2009

That's right - also I have heard Octaga have done something in this area.There
are one or two who express interest in the networksensor every now and then.
I have taken a step back from it as there did not seem be a quick enough
pace in collaborative progress
(on getting an agreed text for the standard, implementations to the standard
etc) and
I also have to concentrate on paid work.
In addition, Don Brutzman's group, with Numetech I think, have been
successful with
XMPP and DIS implementations.

chris

2009/10/15 GLG <info at 3dnetproductions.com>

> Welcome back Sven-Erik,
>
> You are probably referring to the NetworkSensor node that
> was originally proposed by Chris Thorne back in 2007. You
> will find much of the relevant details on this page:
>
> http://web3d.org/x3d/workgroups/x3d-networking/
>
> As far as implementation, I believe BS Contact has
> implemented it for use with their MU server.  I also suspect
> Vivaty (formally Flux) might not be too far from it (since
> Tony has taking part in the effort) but I am not sure of any
> details here either.
>
> Cheers,
> Lauren

http://www.vrshed.com