[X3D-Public] x3d statistics for scene generator

John Carlson john.carlson3 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 17 23:08:40 PDT 2009

So I've got this idea for an x3d scene generator, but I need to gather
statistics on the various uses of the elements and attributes used in
X3D or VRML scenes.  Does anyone know of a way to derive a statistical
analysis of X3D or VRML node usage--which nodes are used the most
often, in what order or nesting etc?  Hopefully, I could analyze
enough X3D and VRML to create new content that would have  the same
style as the analyzed content, yet create unique scenes and objects.
I realize that I could run into copyright issues, etc.  Probably I'd
only be doing this on public domain or open source scenes.

Yes, I've seen the sorry state of XMLSpy at generating XML from schema/
DTD--maybe it has improved?  Is there something already like this for
XML that I could leverage?

I'm looking at http://code.google.com/webstats/index.html, but I'm
thinking of something more Markovian and related to 3D graphics.

Would this be something to add to X3D-Edit, or is it already there?

Thanks,

John Carlson