[X3D-Public] web3d Architect walkthrough

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Sat Oct 31 23:10:23 PDT 2009

reply bellow
--- On Sun, 1/11/09, Joshua Smith <jesmith at kaon.com> wrote:
> ----- Original
> Message ----- From: "Joshua Smith" <jesmith at kaon.com>
> Stata Live 3D (this is the consumer version of
> our
> [Kaon's] web viewing technology used by many
> high tech
> companies on their web
> sites).  Walk-through is not the
> focus of our
> technology, but it is an  option you
> should look at.
> I cant justifier the $1,000 cost for a
> concept
> and I dont know if this is what she wants to do (all I know
> is she like my 3d art work)
>
> It's $695, but you can use it for 30 days for free
> if you want to evaluate it.
> -Joshua

I have found a floss (GPL) program call sweet home 3D (http://www.sweethome3d.eu/index.jsp)
the only thing that puts me off is the it exports everything into one big obj/mtl (Wavefront) and there is no Radiosity mode, but I found light map maker (http://www.awingsoft.com/LightMapMaker/lightmapmaker.htm)

now the next step is combining the texture with x3d multitexture node......

tom_a_sparks