[X3D-Public] Question about Viewport node

Alexander Dong Back Kim alexdbkim at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 20:38:46 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm reading the X3D specification and bit confused in the Viewport part.

Viewport : X3DGroupingNode, X3DBoundedObject {
  MFNode  [in]     addChildren             [X3DChildNode]
  MFNode  [in]     removeChildren          [X3DChildNode]
  MFNode  [in,out] children       []       [X3DChildNode]
  MFFloat [in,out] clipBoundary   0 1 0 1  [0,1]
  SFNode  [in,out] metadata       NULL     [X3DMetadataObject]
  SFVec3f []       bboxCenter     0 0 0    (-∞,∞)
  SFVec3f []       bboxSize       -1 -1 -1 (0,∞) or -1 -1 -1
}

As you can see there Viewport is inheretied from both X3DGroupingNode and
X3DBoundedObject. However, X3DGroupingNode is already a sub class of
X3DBoundedObject.

X3DGroupingNode : X3DChildNode, X3DBoundedObject {
  MFNode  [in]     addChildren             [X3DChildNode]
  MFNode  [in]     removeChildren          [X3DChildNode]
  MFNode  [in,out] children       []       [X3DChildNode]
  SFNode  [in,out] metadata       NULL     [X3DMetadataObject]
  SFVec3f []       bboxCenter     0 0 0    (-∞,∞)
  SFVec3f []       bboxSize       -1 -1 -1 [0,∞) or −1 −1 −1
}

I believe this means the Viewport node shouldn't have included
X3DBoundedObject as a super class in the specification since it is already
inherited by X3DGroupingNode which is a super class of Viewport.

If my understanding is wrong, please correct me. Thank you very much.

Regards,
Alexander Dong Back Kim