[X3D-Public] MovieTexture and AudioClip royalty-free options

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 07:59:39 PDT 2010

2010/4/8 Joshua Smith <jesmith at kaon.com>:

> On Apr 5, 2010, at 9:56 PM, Dave A wrote:
>
>> Second that. Although 'interoperable 3D' is an oxymoron. Unless you're dealing with non-textured, non-lit,
>> non-transparent Boxes.
>
> Are you all going to let this statement stand?

Well, I assumed this was partly a joke, from the way Dave phrased it :)

We do achieve a lot of interoperability with VRML/X3D, both the
specification and existing implementations do a good job of supporting
common core. Certainly shapes covered with Materials and ImageTextures
work 100% the same in all the browsers :) Sure, not everything is
perfect, but then submit a bugreport to appropriate folks :)

Michalis