[X3D-Public] Everybody’s Business - How Apple Has Rethought a Gospel of the Web - NYTimes.com

Tony Parisi tparisi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 07:56:17 PDT 2010

With Apple's recent change of iPhone OS licensing terms (new in V4), client
middleware is history. All they have done is galvanized the 2nd generation
of developers to focus on Android. Apple is determined to stay at 10% market
share at whatever they do. Add phones and book readers to the list. In 2
years Android will take over.

That is, assuming anybody in that pack of 50 device manufacturers for
Android can make a decent f-ing phone. It's a big IF but I think it's going
to happen.

Too bad. My honeymoon with Apple has been too short. I was finally able to
make my house 100% PC-free less than a year ago -  I have four macs and two
iPhones in the family now. It was like the sun finally came out after a
decade of gloom. Too bad it didn't last long... but at least the sex was
great.

Tony

Tony Parisi                             tparisi at gmail.com
CTO at Large                         415.902.8002