[X3D-Public] Everybody’s Business - How Apple Has Rethought a Gospel of the Web - NYTimes.com

Dave A dave at realmofconcepts.com
Thu Apr 22 10:28:34 PDT 2010

I agree with Tony. Apple shoots itself in the foot again. Fine. Lovely
pretty hardware. Form
over function. Fine. I'm not buying into it. If Apple wants open 3d
someday, they can play catch-up.

Mobile is shaping up similar to the PC market. Apple vs Everyone Else.
Except in this case, it's
not Gates and Microsoft running on (and often crippling) everyone else,
it's Google and the
open community. I have much more faith in them than Microsoft.

Just signed myself up for the 'Flash on Android Beta'. Can't wait. Love
showing my Droid to
iPhone users, this will be just one more cheap thrill for me. Will it be
good enough to
run Papervision or similar? We'll soon find out. Too bad Vivaty tanked
before we could
try their Flash-based X3D player.

Droid is Java/OpenGL based, how hard would it be to port XJ3D to it?

Are there any open projects for doing X3D in Flash?

Dave A.