[X3D-Public] For mutiple ROUTE fan-ins, how can we identify the sending node?

Russ Kinter pyth7 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 21 23:10:31 PDT 2010

It sounds like a lesson could be learned from Java based multi-user systems
for this.
I suggest you look at the JSAI code from VNet still available here:
http://www.deepmatrix.org/Downloads.html
Of particular interest to you I think would be the JSAISceneInterface.java
and the Simple.wrl which references it.
It also seems to me that EAI or External SAI would be of more use to you for
this task as those specifications have EventOutObservers to detect changes
in a Node. The distribution of those changes (in the case of Deep Matrix)
across the network are dependent on SFString "tags" written into
exposedFields.
The JSAI of VNet was only intended as a work-around for "Liquid Reality"
users to participate in V-Net - the EAI classes being the "real deal".
As far as I know only Xj3D has External SAI working at a useable level.
FreeWRL has the classes, but how well it works is doubtful. Instant Player
(as my site deepmatrix.org attests to) has a very functional EAI
implementation with the latest
Sun Java.

tc
Russ Kinter