[X3D-Public] containerField is should or must ? largeattributes; compression

Johannes Behr johannes.behr at igd.fraunhofer.de
Tue Aug 24 09:23:04 PDT 2010

> actually there is no 'count' field in fieldValue so that should
> be omitted entirely.

Since the whole proposal was created to increase speed and decrease temporary memory
usage we (the discussion group at that time) borrowed the count-field from the collada spec.

This is optional but very useful for efficient memory management.
Especially while working with huge-datasets

regards
johannes

--
Dr. Johannes Behr
Leiter Projektbereich VR

Fraunhofer-Institut für Graphische Datenverarbeitung IGD
Fraunhoferstr. 5  |  64283 Darmstadt  |  Germany
Tel +49 6151 155-510  |  Fax +49 6151 155-196
johannes.behr at igd.fraunhofer.de  |  www.igd.fraunhofer.de