[X3D-Public] Virtuality Uber Alles

Russ Kinter pyth7 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 10 17:33:10 PST 2010

Then this format is really sunk MU wise since both Open-Sim and Wonderland
ARE open-source. It's sunk Mafia-style with concrete boots too because with
Open-Sim and Wonderland everything is open-source, while in the case of
X3D/VRML MU systems Contact, Octaga Player, and Instant Player are
proprietary. The one attempt at trying to open the MU market for X3D has
been ham-strung by allowing the protocol for the NetworkSensor Node to be
proprietary.

tc
Russ