[X3D-Public] Virtuality Uber Alles

GLG info at 3dnetproductions.com
Fri Dec 10 18:21:58 PST 2010

I didn't say open source - that is an entirely different
discussion. I said open standards. Internet Explorer,
Chrome, Safari and many others are proprietary browsers, not
open source, yet they work with open standards HTML and all.
What happened to the previously used proprietary online
markup languages (if we can call them that)? They all but
disappeared for any practical purposes. I am not suggesting
that commercial software is not viable, the code languages
is what I am referring to. As far as the NetworkSensor node,
that is just to help simplify network coding, but is not a
prerequisite for MU servers by any means. As a matter of
fact, X3Daemon still does not have it implemented - we save
that for later - and I'd doubt viewer vendors who have
implemented it did not adhere to the specification in that
regard. There is only so much that specs can dictate when it
comes to internals. So no sinking yet, they'll need to be
much tougher than that. :wink: :wink:

Cheers,
Lauren