[X3D-Public] Blender Export to X3D

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sun Dec 12 04:00:08 PST 2010

Hi John.  I used Blender and found some bugs too.  Like you,
they were fixed immediately.  Very impressive.

The page describing how we used Blender is at
https://savage.nps.edu/X3D-Edit/BlenderExportToX3d.html

If you see anything on that page which needs to get fixed, please
let me know. Thanks for the good news regarding their continued
support for X3D.

> On 12/12/2010 3:42 AM, JOHN COADY wrote:
>> I installed Blender the other day and tried exporting a blender scene to X3D and there were a lot of obvious errors in the resulting X3D scene (The objects were not positioned properly in the X3D scene). So I submitted a bug report and they fixed the problem I reported the next day. I am a new user to Blender and if the Export to X3D functionality had a basic bug such as positioning objects correctly, I'm sure that there are other problems with the Export to X3D. Does anyone have any ideas on how to test this properly. Blender seems to have a lot of configurable options to play with, and if X3D has some equivalent functionality then it would be nice to know when you Export to X3D that the X3D nodes get used properly.
>>
>> In the latest Beta release of Blender, they completely changed the user interface to make it more user friendly. They seem to be working hard to get the next major release out and that is why the bug that I reported got fixed right away. It would be nice to fix as many problems with Export to X3D before the next major release if anyone has any ideas on how to test it properly.

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br      brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots     http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman