[X3D-Public] Fwd: Re: [X3D] X3D HTML5 meeting discussions:Declarative 3D interest group at W3C

GLG info at 3dnetproductions.com
Wed Dec 29 13:12:49 PST 2010

John A. Stewart wrote:
>2) *somehow* keep the ability to *somehow* render older
>scenes so that users have continuity with their content
>over years and years.

I tend to second that. I hope we are not looking to
cannibalize ourselves with yet another standard LOL. It is
good to see Chris M. back here after such a long time, but
if I am to get behind this idea/proposal and X3DOM or
anything else for that matter, I would be interested for the
eventual full implementation of existing standards. That may
or may not be possible in practice, but achieving
compatibility at the very least, so that 'old' worlds can
still link to new ones at a minimum. This, as a consensus of
the direction going forward; a certain persistence of
vision.

Cheers,
Lauren