[X3D-Public] NPS build support for Xj3D

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Dec 30 08:48:10 PST 2010

We've documented NPS build support for Xj3D, now online at

	https://savage.nps.edu/Savage/developers.html#Xj3D

> Xj3D viewer: NPS build
>
> Xj3D is an open-source Java viewer and application codebase for X3D graphics scenes. NPS maintains a synchronized branch of the Xj3D source to test new developments and bug fixes.
>
>     * Xj3D home page by Yumetech is the primary site. Of particular interest for downloads is the Developers page.
>     * Xj3D subversion description and Xj3D subversion root http://svn.xj3d.org/xj3d_code
>     * Xj3D bug list by Yumetech and XMSF Issue Tracker for Xj3D by NPS
>     * NPS branch of the Xj3D source tree:
>           o Root directory http://svn.xj3d.org/xj3d_code/branches/NPS and build instructions
>           o Change Log of modifications in NPS build by Terry Norbraten (tdnorbra at nps.edu)
>           o Nightly build jar files and javadoc are produced by the Xj3dSourceNpsBranch project on the Savage hudson server.
>           o The following software distributions use this modified branch of Xj3D:
>             NPS AUV Workbench, X3D-Edit 3.2, and the X3D Example Archives build processes
>     * Aniviza attempted extensions to Xj3D for NASA WorldWind

Many thanks to Yumetech for their outstanding work and steady efforts.
We are happy to be codeveloping on our branch and contributing back
results for the primary Xj3D source tree.

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br      brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots     http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman