[X3D-Public] Fwd: Re: [X3D] X3D HTML5 meetingdiscussions:Declarative 3D interest group at W3C

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 30 12:12:23 PST 2010

> Please don't ask me to do brain surgery with a spoon.

Maybe some new tools? SInce the end objective must be to represent the
element as a live scriptable DOM tree then lots of stuff like passing
data to and from the embedded context and controlling processing
within the thing may be easier or at least more familiar to many If
they give us a good DOM to play with.
But heck we all know how easy it is to do easy stuff with simple
animations and interactions. As len said somewhen,"Rendering and
behavioral fidelity are equal requirements in these systems". We now
see that it is relatively common to get similar rendering fidelity
between platforms, even approaching 'realistic' high fidelity in
appearance even when an appearance is complex. And, so it will be with
fidelity for simple behaviours. Heck maybe all somebody has to learn
is some 3DCSS.
When behaviors get complex and require synchronization to achieve
fidelity, our mastery of the DOM event system will define 'realistic'
to the user. Then, getting almost to what is needed for real hifi fun
discover why the X3D SAI internal/external event system works like it
does.

Or, maybe some tech or practice that would shake up our event system
'pipeline' like shaders changed the rendering pipeline.
Joe