[X3D-Public] Fwd: Re: [X3D]X3DHTML5meetingdiscussions:Declarative 3D interest group at W3C

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 31 19:59:41 PST 2010

> DAG engine with a
cascading event model and internal property sets works better for a
scalable
set of applications than anything I've seen proposed.

Well, this is the best practive, right. I hope we could say the same
sort of thing on down the line from a coordinate system to the method
of representing rotations and orientations, or like defining the data
contents for interpolators, or the names for sensors, the data
structure for a set of vertices, colors, surface effects, and more.

> coming round here for a decade and a half telling us they can do
> this better

for sure back and partly awake and going for the vis of our viz but
still the important thing is the show all tell all open part.

> HTML doesn't make
> X3D better.  It makes it stupider.

I guess we for sure have to watch out for that. To me the big item
here would be an XML form that can be schemafied and proven, easy
transcoding from whatever form to X3D and vice-versa where that
commonality of concepts and data applies. I recall that we did not
really have an XML encoding for X3D until we showed typical XML
transformation techniques could be used to go back and forth between
VRML2 and XML X3D and until we stretched the XML schema to get the
types of data we needed.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Joe