[X3D-Public] new version of X3D-Edit: support for shader component

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Feb 1 21:59:45 PST 2010

X3D-Edit is an open-source Extensible 3D (X3D) Graphics authoring tool for
simple error-free editing, authoring and validation of X3D scenes.

We are happy to announce a new version of X3D-Edit that includes support for
the X3D shader component.  Available at

	https://savage.nps.edu/X3D-Edit

Of note is that there are no public Web3D examples available for testing
shader code.  Jeff Malnick and I will be working on encoding, testing and
checkin in any shader scenes that people want to send.  All contributions
are welcome.

Of related interest:  X3D component support for the many components
in X3D version 3.2 are documented for 4 different authoring tools at
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/wiki/index.php/Tool_support_for_X3D_components

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br           brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  work +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots, XMSF  http://web.nps.navy.mil/~brutzman