[X3D-Public] Open-Source Multi-User

Christoph Valentin christoph.valentin at gmx.at
Tue Feb 2 03:28:17 PST 2010

Hi all

Thanks for having all these info about open source multiuser here.

I'm working on some X3D prototypes, that make use of the NetworkSensor node
and I will compare my approach with all the info here before "really going
open source".

I'm not so much focussed on SAI/EAI, but more on the Network Sensor and on
internal scripting with the <Script> node, to keep the approach general,
maybe I loose performance with this, lets see.

I tried it with BS Contact and Octaga, but it should be common to all
browsers, which support Network Sensor node.

I did not find a hint about avatar standards (how to sit down/stand up,
interact with levers, ......), is there some standardization ongoing
regarding this?

Kind regards
Christoph