[X3D-Public] X3D Resources feedback: Jmol molecular library

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Fri Feb 12 22:36:40 PST 2010

[announced to x3d-public and medical working group with permission]

Angel Herráez wrote:
> Hi Don
>
> I'd like to suggest an addition for your page (BTW, thanks for the
> excellent resource)
> http://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dResources.html#Export
>
> Jmol (http://jmol.org) is an open-source Java viewer for
> three-dimensional chemical structures, with features for
> chemicals, crystals, materials and biomolecules.
> Recent versions of Jmol can export most of the features
> of molecular models to both VRML97 and X3D (XML).  See
> http://wiki.jmol.org/index.php/File_formats/3D_Objects#VRML
> http://wiki.jmol.org/index.php/File_formats/3D_Objects#X3D
>
> I am preparing some demo files to go into the Jmol website, at
> http://jmol.org/demo/3dscenes/
> Until the website is rebuilt, you can check them out temporarily at
> http://biomodel.uah.es/Jmol/demo/3dscenes/

Gracias Angel - i have added the links and description to the Export
section as you suggest above.  thanks for your efforts, looks great!

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br           brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  work +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots, XMSF  http://web.nps.navy.mil/~brutzman