[X3D-Public] Integrating Speech Synthesis into X3D Systems

cbullard at hiwaay.net cbullard at hiwaay.net
Thu Feb 25 07:09:59 PST 2010

I read through the W3C spec last night.  It has power.  I've not
tested any of the implementations.

I don't recall any VRML-based engines that worked with speech
synthesis other than the Blaxxun work.  The speech engines for that
aren't very good but adequate.  Chat applications are obvious but what
I think has commercial application are scripted systems built to the
left of the document libraries... so to speak.

The layers above WebGL are more important to X3D than WebGL.  It's a
set of services to composers although certainly some will compose
directly in it.  It is the composition layers that are ripe to be
expanded.

len