[X3D-Public] Acrobat 3D

John A. Stewart alex.stewart at crc.ca
Mon Jan 4 14:06:45 PST 2010

Charles;

Can you please explain what platforms you mean in:

On 4-Jan-10, at 4:13 PM, Charles Lamb wrote:

> In my opinion X3D suffers from the handicap that there isn't a
> single source
> for a free X3D browser for all systems.  Support is scattered amongst
> various platform licensed and free browsers....

I (politely) ask because we support Linux, OSX, Windows, and,
hopefully fairly soon, the iPhone, iPod Touch.

I understand that FreeWRL is not 100%, but we keep trying to improve
the situation.

What are we missing, in your opinion?

(we know email and "tone" are hard to convey; I'm just curious)

Thanks;

John A. Stewart
Team Leader: Networked Virtual and Augmented Reality
alex.stewart at crc.ca

Network Systems and Technologies -
         Systemes et technologies des reseaux
Communications Research Centre Canada  |
          Centre de recherches sur les communications Canada

3701 Carling Ave.  |  3701, avenue Carling
PO Box 11490, Station H  |  CP 11490, succursale H
          Ottawa ON K2H 8S2   |  Ottawa (Ontario) K2H 8S2

http://www.crc.ca