[X3D-Public] X3D browsers supporting DOM?

Johannes Behr johannes.behr at igd.fraunhofer.de
Tue Jan 5 11:42:11 PST 2010

You are right. The DOM has major issues (not just security) but the
HTML5/W3C people are aware of those and the work hard to solve this problems.
This is nothing specific to X3DOM.

The DOM is also not the ideal interface to communicate with
a dynamic and live scene-graph but it's the central data-structure
for todays web-application.

X3DOM does not try to be the perfect runtime and solution for
all X3D application out there but it tries to provide declarative
3D directly to web-applicatoin developer utilizing an interface
they already know: The DOM.

best regards
johannes