[X3D-Public] HTML5 Recommendation Additions for Integrating X3DGraphics

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 6 08:51:16 PST 2010

> Joe D Williams wrote:
>> Add a new line as follows:
>>
>>   The X3D namespace is: http://www.web3d.org/specifications/x3d

when I followed that link I got a page not found. The link used for
svg has a known landing page eith some information.

How about  for the link we are using as the example, we make a page
that asys:

"This is an XML namespace, first defined in the X3D namespace
definitions can be found in
X3D Extensible Markup Language (XML) encoding specification,
Section 4 Concepts
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/specifications/ISO-IEC-19776-1.2-X3DEncodings-XML/Part01/concepts.html

 Three legal examples:

<X3D profile='Immersive' version='3.2'
xmlns:xsd='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
xsd:noNamespaceSchemaLocation='http://www.web3d.org/specifications/x3d-3.2.xsd'>

 <X3D profile='Immersive' version='3.1'
xmlns:xsd='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
xsd:noNamespaceSchemaLocation='http://www.web3d.org/specifications/x3d-3.1.xsd'>

<X3D profile='Immersive' version='3.0'
xmlns:xsd='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
xsd:noNamespaceSchemaLocation='http://www.web3d.org/specifications/x3d-3.0.xsd'>

Overloading a URI label for the namespace with the actual URL address
for the
schema is considered an acceptable and not-uncommon practice in schema
design.
This provides the opportunity to use a standardized asset to determine
acceptable structure and datatypes so reduces ambiguity for authors
and some tools.

For more information about XML, please refer to <a
href="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml">The Extensible Markup Language
(XML) 1.0 specification</a>. For more information about XML
namespaces, please refer to the
specification</a>.</p>

created: 20100106
last modified: ..