[X3D-Public] x3d file retrieval

JOHN COADY johncoady at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 15 10:17:43 PST 2010

Hi

   I managed to get this cross domain functionality working, that is being able to download an X3D file from an arbitrary server on the internet with a crossdomain file into my unsigned applet. Here is the link to my applet which has minimal X3D browser functionality. (Being able to read simple X3D files with simple shapes).

   http://members.shaw.ca/john.coady/web3d.html

I am able to plug in the URL that Michalis provided for the RedSphereBlueBox.x3d and it will show up in the applet, only because he has the crossdomain.xml file on his server.

This applet that I created uses signed jar files from Sun Microsystems for opengl functionality and the user will have to accept the security certificate from Sun. However, my applet for the X3D browser is unsigned and does not require a security cerficate.

John