[X3D-Public] Shaders - Re: Adobe At it Again

yiqi m17design at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 12 19:08:02 PDT 2010

>> IIRC, BitManagement supports the Microsoft Shader language (which, as a sign of age I forget the name of at the moment)

It's HLSL.

I think VRML and X3D do great in shaders, I write some text on wiki:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X3D

>> In 2000's, many companies like Bitmanagement improved quality level of virtual effects in VRML to quality level of DirectX 9.0c. All main features like game modelling are already complete. They include multi-pass render with low level setting for Z-buffer, BlendOp, AlphaOp, Stencil, Multi-texture, Shader with HLSL and GLSL support, realtime Render To Texture, Multi Render Target (MRT) and PostProcessing. Many demos shows that VRML already supports lightmap, normalmap, SSAO, CSM and Realtime Environment Reflection along with other virtual effects.

And I have upload some video on Youtube:

MRT test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlxS_hywSkQ
MRT test2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iff4bYAyMOo
Motion Blur: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BgOAZUykGA
Depth of Field: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbktZho3Ks4