[X3D-Public] Calling all Creators of X3D Content - Be a Presenter at our SIGGRAPH 2010 Web3D Tech Talk

Anita Havele anita.havele at web3d.org
Fri Jun 11 10:07:04 PDT 2010

Calling All Creators of X3D Content!

Be a Presenter at our Web3D Tech Talk

X3D: Delivering New Dimensions on the Web

28 July, 2010 from 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM at

 <http://www.siggraph.org/s2010/> SIGGRAPH 2010

Submission Deadline: Friday July 9, 2010

Use of X3D systems has increased steadily throughout the world, delivering
durable applications in industry, science, medicine, culture, entertainment,
education and now Augmented Reality. If you have AMAZING, COMPELLING and
INNOVATIVE cross platform X3D or VRML content, you may be invited to be a
speaker to discuss and demonstrate your products at our Web3D Tech Talk. You
will have 10 minutes to present your work and the tools used going from your
concept to the final product. The content we have received in previous years
was simply amazing.  Can't wait to see yours.

Participation is open to all consortium members. To join please visit:
<http://www.web3d.org/membership/join> www.web3d.org/membership/join. Web3D
Consortium SIGGRPAGH Booth(1024)  partners are offered a 10 minute slot to
present at the Tech Talk. To participate in our SIGGRAPH 2010 booth please
contact Anita Havele at
<mailto:anta.havele at web3d.org?subject=2009%20Web3D%20Booth%20Participation>
anta.havele at web3d.org.

The Web3D Consortium celebrates over a decade of innovation and
interoperability in Web3D technology. Our standard X3D remains the most
robust and versatile open standard for implementation of high- integrity and
capability 4D multimedia information spaces. With multiple encodings and API
bindings, it is compatible with many web and industry technologies. The data
integration capacities and the rich set of componentized features is rapidly
expanding X3D's value across markets from mobile, AR, CAD and medical.

Come see our innovative community of content and application developers that
ensure interoperability, longevity and ownership of your content. See the
latest real-world interactive 3D applications and find out how you can build
and protect your content investment in this ever-changing competitive
market.

The Web3D Tech Talk is always a popular event at SIGGRAPH, attended by over
300 conference attendees. Last year we had standing room only.

Send your proposal to our Executive Director, Anita Havele at
<mailto:anita.havele at web3d.org?subject=2009%20Web3D%20Tech%20Talk%20Submissi
on> anita.havele at web3d.org by July 9, 2010.

Prospective presenters are invited to submit their proposal for review to
the Web3D consortium selection committee. Submission must include a brief
abstract of your presentation, 1 page summary of your X3D/VRML
content/innovation, a link to your X3D content or screen shots and a
preliminary slide set of your presentation not exceeding 10 minutes.

Important Dates :

July 9  - Deadline to submit your X3D content and Presentation to Web3D Tech
Talk.

July 16 - Acceptances announced to submitters.

July  19-21  - Final Preparations and virtual rehearsals.

July 27  - Rehearsal in Los Angeles (evening).

July 28  - Tech Talk Time!

Our 2007, 2008 and 2009 Web3D Tech Talk events were a big success. Check out
our
<http://movesinstitute.org/video/web3d/S2007/Podcasts/Interviews%20and%20Tec
h%20Talk/Interviews%20and%20Tech%20Talk.html> SIGGRPAPH Web3D Tech Talk
podcast. We plan to build a podcast this year too.  More information on the
Tech talk and other SIGGRAPH 2010 activities is available at:
<http://www.web3d.org/events/details/web3d-at-siggraph-2010> Web3D at
SIGGRAPH 2010.

If you need further information please email or call Web3D Consortium's
Executive Director, Anita Havele at 248 342 7662.

Best regards,

Anita

---

Anita Havele