[X3D-Public] multiuser mode (newbie question)

Christoph Valentin christoph.valentin at gmx.at
Mon May 3 11:08:47 PDT 2010

Hi

Do you address me?

No, I dont't think about such details. I just mean a standardized
*interface* between client and server (that may comprise several protocols,
and if I interpret Russ's answer correctly, a standardized interface
existed, but has been abandoned).

No, it's just because I see a use case, that *might* be realistic in *some*
future and that *could* pay off.

Imagine, you are the provider of a multiuser scene and you have two users,
user A (let's call her Alice) and user B (let's call him Bob).

You have found your favourite server operator, Alice wants to meet Bob in
your scene, but Alice prefers browser A and Bob prefers browser B. The
server supports only one of both browsers.

Alice wants to meet Bob in your scene, but it is unfortunately impossible
:-(