[X3D-Public] A newbie question - how x3d handles the Levels of Detail (LoD) for 3D models

AKS aungkyas at gmail.com
Mon May 3 12:54:43 PDT 2010

Hi X3Ders

I have started learning about x3d and I would like to know how
can x3d handle the Levels of Detail (LoD) for the 3D models.

In the case of Keyhole Markup Language (XML for Google Earth),
<Lod> in kml file can make the KML parser (Google Earth) knows
whether to hide or render the image. Can anyone give me pointers
where to look up info for tat dynamic scaling of 3D images in X3D?
Thanks!

Rgds

Aung