[X3D-Public] multiuser mode (newbie question)

Chris Thorne dragonmagi at gmail.com
Wed May 5 00:23:17 PDT 2010

DIS and XMPP are examples of application protocols that the network sensor
was designed to support at a portable node level - i.e. without requiring a
proprietary java or C implementation. Perhaps there are alternative ways to
do this in portable X3D code, I don't know.

"Perhaps more effort needs to be put into an easy to use, standard dynamic
scenegraph that is implemented across all browsers, and the question about
MU protocols will go away." - only if it also addresses peer to peer and
client-server communications as well.

Anyway, I agree with your summary statement.

cheers,

chris

http://www.vrshed.com
There be greater truth at the centre: http://www.floatingorigin.com