[X3D-Public] multiuser mode (newbie question)

John Carlson john.carlson3 at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 6 19:53:11 PDT 2010

On May 5, 2010, at 10:54 PM, Paul Aslin wrote:

> ps: An opensource MU X3D server just isn't a viable idea, it would never attract enough interest from programmers or other developers.
> Lots of complex and time consuming code is needed, for avatars/gestures, storage, shared events, editing and admin. I can't see the consortium or other groups paying key developers for what is needed to make anything half decent.

Ah, I was mostly talking about what clients are doing. Sorry for the confusion.  I wasn't talking about a server, I was talking about infrastructure required to do CRUD on a scenegraph anywhere on the net.(whether it's peer to peer or client server doesn't matter--I'm not concerned with server implementations).  Ids are useful for global identity, when cooperating servers share clients.  I'm not talking about personal identity, I'm talking about node identity.