[X3D-Public] A newbie question - how x3d handles the Levels ofDetail (LoD) for 3D models

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Fri May 7 10:56:16 PDT 2010

<X3D version='3.0' profile='Interactive'>
  <head>
  </head>
  <Scene>
     <Viewpoint position='0 0 25'
       description='Start' centerOfRotation='0 0 0'/>
     <LOD range='10.0, 50.0'>
       <Shape>
         <Sphere/>
       </Shape>
       <Shape>
         <Box/>
       </Shape>
       <Shape/>
     </LOD>
   </Scene>
</X3D>

As you cross the Range values, the Shape will change.

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/specifications/ISO-IEC-19776-1.2-X3DEncodings-XML/

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/specifications/ISO-IEC-19776-1.2-X3DEncodings-XML/Part01/examples.html#LevelOfDetail

Good Luck and Best Regards,
Joe