[X3D-Public] ANN: Deep MatrixIP9 1.01 Open-source Multi-user System

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Sun May 23 01:51:40 PDT 2010

Hi Russ,

this is great, seams that it is close what many here were looking for!
Great! I have yet to get it installed on my Linux system to try it. Some
questions:

1) Is there any hope to make the whole thing be web-starteable? E.g. as
a java app started from a web-browser, that detect whether
InstantReality or any other working vrml-browser is available and then
opens the world using that? I guess packaging is high priority one
people want to publish their Deep-MatrixIP-based worlds.

2) Has anyone done scaleability tests yet? Number of polygons still
useable on standard clients etc?

3) I see the foundation for people building vrml-worlds and connecting
them here. Now deep-matrix brings the client to do
client-server-communication. The next step would probably separate the
client libs from the server, so that people can install the libraries as
an extension of their vrml-browser and open and explore any world
speaking the same protocols?

Thank you for providing us with this code! Cheers,

Lars.