[X3D-Public] XMPP or not XMPP

Sven-Erik Tiberg Sven-Erik.Tiberg at ltu.se
Fri Nov 19 05:57:33 PST 2010

Hi

Thank you all for your advises.
We have just started up our QSIM motionbase 6 D.O.F. simulator (http://wbsp.arb.ltu.se/Motionbase/motionbase-ltu-applications/Labb-motionbase-f.JPG/view), two ejabberd servers and are now testing python and C-libs for XMPP interfaces.

Our first approach are to:
Connect CarSim RT/DS with QSIM Motionbase over XMPP packages.
Later make a Maya/Python VR Motionbase and connect it to the "XMPP confereration".

This is a nice test for the XMPP package bandwidt and to suggest a state naming cheme.

Wouldn't be that hard to swap from Maya / Phython to X3D Browser / JS in the future nock nock.

Will let you know how this will work / not work.

/Sven-Erik