[X3D-Public] Xj3D Applet

JOHN COADY johncoady at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 22 19:44:02 PST 2010

Hi

I put together a couple of websites that use Xj3D applet earlier this year.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5095342/Xj3DApplet/rc1/PremiumBrowser.html#x3dApplet

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5095342/Xj3DApplet/rc1/X3DForWebAuthorsExamples.html

They worked fine on my Windows XP machine on a number of browsers, IE , Firefox, and Chrome.

To get them to work you should have a current version of Java running on your system. You can check your java version here.

http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

If you have a current version of the Java Runtime installed on your machine and it still doesn't work, then you should probably check that Java Applets are working in general on your machine. Some internet security programs such as Norton Internet Security can be configured to prevent java applets from running on a web page.

The Xj3D Applet uses just java and does not use JavaFX. My understanding is that JavaFX script will be deprecated by Oracle in the next release and will just use Java instead.