[X3D-Public] Fwd: [FreeWRL-develop] 3D philosophical question

Russ Kinter pyth7 at verizon.net
Sun Sep 26 12:41:38 PDT 2010

> > But, from another point of view, it is sending an event tied to an
> > object that no longer exists.

The key is this statement.
This POV is illusionary because the object DID exist at that particular
discrete timestamp. The call to removeChildren happens at a different
timestamp.

EAI is relatively slow, that's why you shouldn't try to do animations with
it.
That slowness produces different timestamps, therefore since this is a
"philosophical" question, I'll paraphrase Heraclitus and say "You can't
produce the same event in an EAI scene twice" -that is unless it's WorldView
leaking more memory than a Timothy Leary lecture.

Russ Kinter