[X3D-Public] Standard name for interpolator generating MFColor values

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 15:44:33 PDT 2011

Hi,

I needed an interpolator that generates an MFColor value (as opposed
to standard ColorInterpolator, that only interpolates and outputs a
single color). So I quickly added a trivial implementation to
view3dscene, and called it "ColorSetInterpolator". The documentation
(unofficial, as this is not yet released in stable version) is at the
bottom of http://michalis.ii.uni.wroc.pl/vrmlengine-snapshots/docs/vrml_implementation_interpolation.html

Now, a natural question: does some other browser implement this, as an
extension? Or is something like this planned for future X3D standard
version? I can trivially rename my "ColorSetInterpolator" right now,
to be more compatible with other browsers that have something similar.
(The rename wil be harder once I'll release it and will have to take
care about backward compatibility.)

Thanks,
Michalis