[X3D-Public] US Patent 6,754,400

Jaime Magiera jaimelm at umich.edu
Sat Apr 30 07:17:27 PDT 2011

On Apr 30, 2011, at 4:55 AM, Tom Sparks wrote:

> I have found a Patent witch may affect X3D and VRML97 background node ,
> You can read about the patent here (http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=KjQSAAAAEBAJ&dq=6,754,400)
>
> the IVRPA is fund a case to invalided this patent ( http://ivrpa.org/patent )
>  the IVRPA is asking for information to invalided this claim the lawyers want pre February 2001

Yeah, the IVRPA has been doing discovery for the past year or so. Now, they're ready to move forward. Folks should definitely read up on it and see if they can find any supporting info.

BTW, in terms of expanding X3D, the IVRPA would be a good organization to network with. They have an interest in seeing the growth of interactive environments and they're very professional in their approach to expanding the art. (I'm a QTVR photographer, and have been a member of IVRPA for a couple years)

Jaime Magiera
The University of Michigan