[X3D-Public] [X3D] X3D v3.3 XML Schema: Volume Rendering component

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Aug 1 13:14:23 PDT 2011

Forwarded to X3D public mailing list FYI.  We are zeroing in
on the final final X3D v3.3!   Final discussions are over the
next 2 weeks at SIGGRAPH with ISO review meeting 21-26 August.

On 7/31/2011 10:30 PM, Don Brutzman wrote:
> Continued work:  this update announces the full draft X3D v3.3 schema
> for review.  All X3D v3.3 features now appear to be integrated and are
> checked in online, both at web3d.org and in version control on Sourceforge.
> Some further internal refinement may follow to check type names and field
> bounds, but is not expected to change the validation scene tagset.
>
> X3D Schema update activity:
> http://www.web3d.org/specifications/x3d-schema-changelog.txt
>
> Detailed X3D v3.3 schema documentation online at
> http://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dSchemaDocumentation3.3/x3d-3.3.html
>
> 31 July 2011, brutzman
> - (v3.3) added all types and nodes for Volume Rendering component
> - (v3.3) updated attribute enumeration cross-reference tables, which are useful
>      for specification-chapter autogeneration and construction of APIs or documentation
> - (v3.0 thru v3.3) better annotations for ShapeChildContentModel geometry, appearance
> - (v3.0 thru v3.3) EspduTransform added otherInterfaces: X3DNetworkSensorNode;
> - (v3.0 thru v3.3) ReceiverPdu, SignalPdu, TransmitterPdu are X3DNetworkSensorNode type,
>      added otherInterfaces: X3DBoundedObject (specification bug reports submitted), also
>      ensured enabled/bboxCenter/bboxSize fields resolved with node types consistently
> - (v3.2, v3.3) DISEntityTypeMapping added otherInterfaces: X3DUrlObject
> - TODO refactor TextureBackgroundChildContentModel
>
> Volume rendering changes can be checked at
> http://igraphics.com/Standards/ISO_IEC_19775_1_2_PDAM1_Candidate_2011_05_12/Part01/components/volume.html
>
> 41.3 Abstract types
>      41.3.1 X3DComposableVolumeRenderStyleNode
>      41.3.2 X3DVolumeDataNode
>      41.3.3 X3DVolumeRenderStyleNode
> 41.4 Node reference
>      41.4.1 BlendedVolumeStyle
>      41.4.2 BoundaryEnhancementVolumeStyle
>      41.4.3 CartoonVolumeStyle
>      41.4.4 ComposedVolumeStyle
>      41.4.5 EdgeEnhancementVolumeStyle
>      41.4.6 IsoSurfaceVolumeData
>      41.4.7 OpacityMapVolumeStyle
>      41.4.8 ProjectionVolumeStyle
>      41.4.9 SegmentedVolumeData
>      41.4.10 ShadedVolumeStyle
>      41.4.11 SilhouetteEnhancementVolumeStyle
>      41.4.12 ToneMappedVolumeStyle
>      41.4.13 VolumeData
>
> Also attached for review in next message is the updated Appendix 6
> EncodingOfNodes.html for the XML Encoding of X3D v3.3 that is tested
> and autogenerated from the schema using the following XSLT stylesheet.
> http://www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/BuildSpecificationInterfacesFromSchema.xslt
> Dick Puk and I will resolve any comments on that document together.
>
> Other additional steps still upcoming:
> - adding the above changes to the X3D v3.3 DTD (DOCTYPE).
> - work with Virginia Tech on updating and testing example scenes at
> 	https://snoid.sv.vt.edu/~andywood/medX3D_examples/Examples/Datasets
> - integrating these final examples in X3D Basic Examples Archive at
> 	http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/Medical
> [...]

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br      brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots     http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman