[X3D-Public] starting with x3dom: no nodes displayed

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Sat Aug 6 02:33:00 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I am currently investigating how to integrate some 3d content into some
websites I am maintaining. As these are ment for visitors sporadically
viewing 3d content, x3dom seams to be a great solution not requiring
special plugins.

For a start, I copied over several examples to my web-server. For
unknown reasons though, the canvas stays empty. I tried to reference
local copies of the css and js files as well as to link to the original
locations, both did not work. Is there anything else to obey such as
permissions, any specific apache settings (I am on apache2), encoding
issues?

The files I tried are all in http://static.larsgrobe.de/x3d/
so if anyone want to try...?

Thank you, cheers, Lars.